Minister’s Seniors Service Awards
Since 1998, the Minister’s Seniors Service Awards have recognized outstanding Albertans of any age who volunteer their time to make a difference in the lives of seniors.
Alberta Seniors and Housing is pleased to be accepting nominations for the 2017 Minister’s Seniors Service Awards. Individuals and organizations are eligible.
This year, we are announcing the inaugural Alice Modin Award to recognize a senior who has provided long-term volunteer service to their community, promotes volunteerism, or whose volunteer efforts have had a provincial impact.
All nominees will be recognized at Community Celebrations to be held across Alberta during the summer. The Minister will select up to eight award recipients to be honoured at a special ceremony in the fall of 2017.
Guidelines for nominations:
- There are three award categories:
- Individual (any age including 65 years or older)
- Alice Modin Award (20 years or more of volunteer service and 65 years or older)
- Please complete the appropriate form, tear it off and provide it with the rest of your nomination package (letters, summary of volunteer activities and other materials).
- The nominee must sign the nomination form. Without consent, the nominee cannot be considered for this award.
Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
The nomination deadline is May 19, 2017.
2016 Minister’s Seniors Service Awards
In 2016, Alberta Seniors and Housing received 63 nominations: 50 individuals and 13 organizations. All nominees were recognized at Community Celebrations held in Calgary, Edmonton, Lethbridge, Red Deer and Whitecourt during Seniors' Week, June 6-12.
Each fall, award recipients are recognized at a ceremony and dinner at Government House. Seniors and Housing Minister Lori Sigurdson has selected the individuals and organizations that will be honoured this year based on the recommendations of a review panel comprised of ministry staff and chaired by Edmonton-Whitemud MLA Dr. Bob Turner. Congratulations to this year’s award recipients!
Questions or comments to email@example.com